Migrate is used to migrate large numbers of workspaces from Relativity Server to RelativityOne. Your data migration will be seamless and intuitive, allowing workspaces to be migrated in just a few clicks.
This page contains the following information:
The following minimum security permissions are required to use Migrate.
|Tab visibility||Admin operations|
All permissions are set in Instance security.
The ** indicates permissions needed for non-admin users only.
Migrate best practices and considerations
Consider the following when using Migrate:
- Migrate uses ARM APIs for archiving workspaces on Relativity Server and restoring workspaces from staging to RelativityOne. Migrate “restore jobs” are also visible in the ARM UI. However, this is not true for archive jobs. When Migrate archives a workspace in Relativity Server, it will not be visible in the ARM UI. Refer to the ARM documentation for any performance considerations.
- Migrate uses Transfer API (TAPI) with Data Movement Library (DML) for fast transferring ARM archives to RelativityOne Staging. DML does not require any special configuration, however it is more performant with 8-16 CPU for Relativity Agent(Core) rather than with 4 CPU. See Relativity system requirements (Required configurations for new deployments >> Tier 1 - Hardware requirements >> Relativity Agent(core)).
- Transfer throughput (not migration throughput) can be as high as 5TB per day assuming internet bandwidth available on the relevant networks is sufficient. Transfer throughput is heavily dependent on data structures being migrated (i.e., having many small files can impair the overall throughput).
- You cannot throttle Migrate in the software. The only way to do that is to limit bandwidth directly on agent server on which Migration Data Sender is running.
- Relativity Server instance can only be connected to one RelativityOne instance (i.e., you cannot connect multiple RelativityOne instances with a Relativity Server instance).
- Migrate (similar to ARM) is supported for client domains, but migrations can only be performed by a Relativity System Admin. Migrate cannot be used by a client domain administrator due to security restrictions.
- Only one migration can be in progress at the same time.