Activating and deactivating Express Transfer
Express Transfer is an integral part of Import/Export workflows and recommended to use when transferring data. You have the ability to activate and deactivate it for use with Import/Export.
To use Express Transfer, the following must be installed in this order:
- Import/Export application must be installed first in the workspace from the Application Library.
See Installing Import/Export for more information
- Express Transfer desktop application must be installed on your computer.
See Installing Express Transfer for more information
We recommend using Import/Export with Express Transfer activated whenever possible for all importing and exporting workflows, and particularly when:
- data file size is greater than 20 GB.
- processing multiple import jobs. The jobs will be queued and executed when the previous job is complete.
- slow or unstable network connection. Express Transfers enables you to retry the upload.
Use Import/Export without activating Express Transfer when:
- your company policy prohibits installing desktop applications.
- your network configuration does not allow third party applications to send or receive data, such as proxy settings.
- data file size is less than 20 GB.
- data is in ZIP files.
Note: You need to use Express Transfer to upload and process encrypted materials, such as password-protected zip files or Case files (L01/N01) that require Password Bank functionality. If you cannot use Express Transfer for such imports, zip your encrypted materials in a single unencrypted ZIP container (the 20 GB limit for the zip file size applies). Import/Export will transfer and extract the top-level zip file, preparing your encrypted materials for Processing. Then, Processing will utilize Password Bank to decrypt materials.
To use Import/Export with Express Transfer, you need to activate Express Transfer. Once activated, it will remain active during your Relativity session or until you deactivate it. No need to reactivate it each time each time you run an Import/Export job.
To activate Express Transfer for use with Import/Export:
Navigate to the Import/Export Job page.
Click the New Import/Export Job button to start a new job.
Click Activate on the Choose workflow dialog to activate Express Transfer.
- If a browser message box appears asking to allow the site to open Express Transfer, click Open Link to proceed with activating Express Transfer. If you do not, then Express Transfer will not be activated.
Note: To always allow your system to open the link to Express Transfer, select the "Always allow" checkbox, and the message box will not display anymore.
Note: If the activation process fails, click the Complete activation button on the message that displays to initiate the activation process. Refer to Express Transfer Connectivity check for more information on connection status information.
- When the activation process successfully completes, the Express Transfer application displays.
- Return to the Import/Export application. The Express Transfer status will change to Active on the Choose Workflow dialog.
Note: The Express Transfer application will remain active until you click the Deactivate button or log out of RelativityOne. You do not need to keep reactivating it to use it. However, if you deactivate it, you will need to reactivate Express Transfer to use it again with Import/Export.
If you do not want to use an active session of Express Transfer with Import/Export, you can click the Deactivate button on the Choose Workflow dialog.
In order to use Express Transfer again with Import/Export, you will need to reactivate it.