Run Legal Hold reports to analyze and manage your projects from Reports tab.
This page contains the following information:
See these related pages:
To run a report in Legal Hold, navigate to the Reports tab.
Note: Legal Hold reports are run with the permissions of the user running the report.
From the Reports tab,
- Select the report you want to run from the Select Report list. See Report types.
- Select the project(s) you want to report on from the Select Project(s) list.
- If you're running the Custodian Change report, you will need to have the View All Audits permission set.
- If you're running the Custodian Change report, enter a Start Date and End Date for the date range.
- Select one of the following options from the Generate Reports console.
- Generate Report - generate the selected report(s) dynamically.
- Schedule Report - schedule the selected report to run at a set, recurring basis. See Creating a scheduled report.
If you click Generate Report, the report appears dynamically with the following report options:
- Print - opens a print dialog to select printing options.
- Export - export the report in the selected file type format (PDF, XLSX, XLS, CSV, RTF, PNG).
- Close - closes the report modal.
Use the Scheduled Reports feature to run reports on a set, recurring basis. You would typically use this feature to schedule a report to send out for the duration of a project or hold. Even though you can schedule a one-time report, this feature is optimized for longer term use.
Note: Scheduled Legal Hold reports are run under the permissions of the user scheduling the report.
The scheduled reports can report on one or multiple projects in your workspace. Legal Hold sends the scheduled report in an email PDF attachment to anyone with a valid email address, including non-Legal Hold entities.
Note: You can also run scheduled reports from the Scheduled Reports tab. See Scheduled Reports.
To create a scheduled report from the Scheduled Reports tab perform the following:
- From the Reports tab, select a report(s), select the project, and then click Create Scheduled Report from the Generate Reports console. If you're creating a schedule report from the Scheduled Reports tab, click New Scheduled Report.
- Complete the fields in the Scheduled Report layout. See Create Scheduled Report layout fields.
- Click Save. The Scheduled Reports Detail page appears.
- (Optional) Click Preview Report to preview the report as it will appear in the email.
Note: The Preview Report function only displays the applicable data according to the last set Frequency.
- Click Close to exit the preview. The report is scheduled to send.
The Create Scheduled Report layout contains the following fields:
- Report Name - the report name that appears in the scheduled report email and the email subject.
Note: Relativity attaches "Relativity Legal Hold" to the report name in the email subject.
- Report Type - the scheduled report type. See Report types.
- Email Addresses - the email address(es) that Legal Hold sends the scheduled report to. Separate multiple email addresses with a semi colon or a hard return.
- Run Against - specifies if the report should run against a specific group of projects or against all active projects.
- All Active Projects - run the scheduled report on all active projects in the workspace. Upon every subsequent report run, Legal Hold dynamically generates an updated list of active projects to run the report against, so any projects that you've added to the workspace are included in this report.
- Specific Projects - using the , select individual projects to run the scheduled report on.
- Projects - lists the project(s) that Legal Hold retrieves the scheduled report data from.
- Enable Scheduler - select the Yes checkbox to enable the scheduling functionality for this report and No to disable the scheduling functionality. See Disabling or deleting a scheduled report.
Schedule - click to open the Schedule Email Job dialog.
- Frequency - the interval at which Legal Hold sends the scheduled report.
- Daily - select this option to send the scheduled report once every day.
- Weekly - select the day(s) that you want Legal Hold to send the scheduled report once every day.
- Monthly - select the day of the month that you want Legal Hold to send the scheduled report once every month.
- Reoccur - enter the number of week(s)/month(s) in which Legal Hold recurrently sends the scheduled report.
- Send On
- Day _ the month - select the day of the month that you want Legal Hold to send the scheduled report.
- The _ _ of the Month - select this option for Integration Points to sync on the chosen day of every month. For example, "The Second Friday of the month."
- Start Date - the date that you want Legal Hold to start sending the scheduled report.
- End Date - (Optional) the date that you want Legal Hold to stop sending the scheduled report. Only set an end date if you want to schedule a report to run during a known time period.
Note: If you don't set an end date, and the project(s) that you've scheduled the report to run on are closed, the scheduled report is considered disabled and Legal Hold won't continue running the report on the closed project(s).
- Scheduled Time - the time at which Legal Hold sends the scheduled report. This time is local to your PC, not to the server.
To disable a scheduled report:
- Select No the Enable Scheduler check box on the Scheduled Reports Detail page.
- Click Save. Legal Hold stops sending this scheduled report. Select Yes to re-enable the scheduler for this report.
To delete a scheduled report:
From the Libraries > Scheduled Reports tab > Scheduled Reports Detail, click Delete.
Note: You can mass disable or delete scheduled reports from the Scheduled Reports landing page.
Run the following reports in Legal Hold:
- Active Preservation Holds Report
- All Preservation Holds Report
- Communication Summary report
- Custodian Active Projects report
- Custodian Change report
- Custodians report
- Reports tab
- Global Summary report
- Reports tab
- Open Tasks report
Note: The Print and Export report options appear at the bottom of the report modal in Legal Hold 4.1.466.5 and beyond.
Run this report to quickly identify custodians that are currently on a Preservation Hold. This information appears from each project and is broken down by project.
Run this report to quickly identify any custodians that have been placed on a Preservation hold in any project. This report is broken down by the custodians.
Run this report to track the status of projects broken down by individual communication. Each communication and questionnaire displays with an indication of the response status for each individual the communication was sent to.
Note: A custodian with the role tag Do Not Notify won't appear on this report. See Roles.
Run this report to see details of the active custodians currently subject to a legal hold. Locate custodians on single or multiple holds in order to take further steps.
Run this report to track changes to custodians' details, such as title or employment status, for all custodians on an active project to get updates that could potentially affect your preservation strategies. To run a Custodian Change report, you will need the View All Audits permission set. For more information on permissions,
Note: The user running the report needs permission to view the Manager field for that row to display in the report. If the Manager role field value changes, the Manager row won't display.
Run this report to see a list of all of the people on a project, their role, status, received communications, response dates, and average response times. This report is broken down by project.
Run this report to see audit entries for any changes to custodian Employment End Dates.
The report includes employees that have a Employment End Date set. When the report is run as a scheduled report, it will include all custodians with an Employment End Date that newer than the last time the scheduled report was run.
Note: This report is only accessible from the Reports Tab.
Run this report to see details on the most active people in your project(s). The graph shows the top ten people by number of projects, while the table displays all people on at least one project. You can see the subject matter time span for each person and the last time there was any activity between the application and the person.
Run this report to quickly identify any custodians that have not acknowledged a hold notice or completed a questionnaire. This report is grouped by project and sorted alphabetically (ascending).
This report is for communications that require acknowledgement or have a question. If projects without outstanding tasks or no custodians assigned to a project, a message appears in place of the table.
Run this report to quickly identify who has not acknowledged a notice or responded to a questionnaire. This information appears for each project, broken down by communication.
Note: A custodian with the role tag Do Not Notify won't appear on this report. See Legal Hold Settings.
Run this report to export a CSV file with all custodian questionnaire answers/responses from different projects. You can select the questionnaire they want, can filter by Project, Status, Communication, Questionnaire. This report is sent as an attachment to an email.
To send the report,
- Select the Questionnaire Response radio button.
- Select questionnaire or questionnaires.
- Notes: If multiples are selected, they are each sent out as separate exports.
- Click Generate Report to open the Email Report modal.
- Add a required email address or addresses. Separate email addresses by comma, space, or semicolon.
- Select Export File Format.
- CSV - attached to the sent email is the selected report in a comma-separated values file (.csv)
- DAT - attached to the sent email is the selected report in a data file (.dat).
- Notes: Import the data file to Excel and separate text using the þ and DD4 as delimiters.
- Click Send.
Note: Import the data file to Excel and separate text using the þ and DD4 as delimiters.
Questionnaire responses library
If the file is too big for email, users can find the export in the System Generated Attachments view in the Attachments tab located under libraries. For more information, see Legal Hold Libraries.
All questionnaire responses appear in the Legal Hold tab > Question Responses sub-tab. Use the column filters to sort information and click on an item to view its details.
Using Relativity pivot to analyze question responses
You can use the Relativity pivot feature to visualize custodian questionnaire responses.
- From the Legal Hold tab > click the Question Responses tab.
- Click in the upper right corner of the item list. The pivot menu appears.
- (Optional) Select a pivot profile from the Select a Profile drop-down menu to display question responses based on predefined settings.
- Select a field from the Group By drop-down list to define the horizontal axis.
- Select a field from the Pivot On drop-down list to break down the totals that appear in each row. This acts as the vertical axis of the pivot report.
- Click Go. The question responses appear based on the selected settings. The following example pivots on the Custodian and Answer fields and displays with the Chart display setting.
- (Optional) Click Save to save your modifications to the selected Pivot profile, or click Save As to save your selections as a new Pivot profile. You can toggle the Grid, Chart, or List buttons to view the results in different ways.