Note: Contracts is not generally available, but is currently available in an Advanced Access Program until July 26th, 2023. If you’d like more information about this program, please contact your Account Executive.
Contracts Compare allows users to quickly identify textual differences across sections or entire documents within your data set. You can export the analysis results as Excel or Word files that retain differences as highlights in Excel or Tracked Changes in Word. If your document is not in Relativity yet, you can cut and paste your exemplar and compare other documents against this base document.
Contracts Compare includes the following capabilities:
- Preview a document before selecting it as the base document for comparison.
- Optionally paste a base document without adding a new document to Relativity.
- Similarity Scores generated in real time compared to the selected base document.
- Side-by-side red line comparison user interface.
- Mini-map for quick navigation, and a snapshot of similarities and differences.
- Red highlights on target documents does not exist in the target document, but does in the base document.
- Green highlights on target documents does not exist in the base document, but does in the target document.
- Comparison results can be exported as Excel or Word files.
- Exported files include all Contracts Compare metadata, including similarity scores and highlights or Tracked Changes.
Listed below are requirements and considerations for using Contracts Compare.
Incompatible comparison types
1. Section to Master Document: If your document list contains at least one section and at least one Master Agreement, you'll be alerted that Contracts Compare can't be used to compare sections to master documents, and vice versa.
2. Non Contracts -Analyzed Documents: If your document list contains at least one document that hasn't been run through Contracts analysis, you'll be alerted that Contracts Compare can't be used for non-Contracts -analyzed documents.
If attempting to run Compare in the scenarios mentioned, you will receive an error message.
Whole Agreement Compare & Map Sections
When comparing master agreements to other master agreements, versus sections to sections, the Map Sections workflow ensures all sections in the base contract best match the sections of your target contracts. This requires your contract's sections be accurately segmented using Contracts Analysis.