Note: Contracts is not generally available, but is currently available in an Advanced Access Program until July 26th, 2023. If you’d like more information about this program, please contact your Account Executive.
To access the Contracts Image Viewer and functions such as search and navigation, you must run Contracts OCR. Contracts must have information about the location of words in the extracted text so that it can properly map text to image and accurately highlight the image.
There are a couple of prerequisites required before running Contracts OCR:
- You must run Relativity Imaging before you run Contracts OCR. For more information on how to run imaging in Relativity, see Imaging.
- You successfully generated images for the document with imaging. If no images are present, there is nothing for Contracts to OCR.
- The Contracts Extracted Text field must be empty. Contracts does not run OCR on all documents that have this field already populated.
Running Contracts OCR
To run Contracts OCR:
- Go to the Contracts OCR Sets tab.
- Click the New Contracts OCR Set button.
- Name your Contracts OCR Set.
- Select a saved search to run OCR on.
- Select whether to auto-rotate images or auto-flatten columns, for double column contracts.
- Click the Run OCR button in the right console.
- If there are errors, you can click the Download Errors link in the right console to download them.
Fields auto-populated by Contracts
Below is a list of all fields that Contracts will auto-populate when you run imaging and OCR.
|Field type||Field auto-population|
|Contracts Extracted Text||Long-text||Auto-populated with the full extracted text of the document.|
|Contracts OCR Confidence||Decimal||Auto-populated with a number between 0 and 1 signifying Contracts's confidence in the OCR quality.|
Note: If you run imaging and OCR and later edit the values of the below fields, running imaging and OCR again will replace your manual edits.
There are two imaging pre-processing options—image auto-rotation and column auto-flattening.
If you select this option, Contracts will detect which pages need to be rotated and will auto-rotate them 90, 180, or 270 degrees to the correct orientation. This will result in more accurate OCR. It will also add time to analysis per rotated page, but not per page with the correct orientation.
This will also rotate the image itself stored in Relativity so that in the Contracts Viewer, all auto-rotated images will display with the correct orientation, including thumbnails.
Note: Auto-rotation works for pages that are rotated incorrectly by 90, 180, or 270 degrees, but not for pages that are skewed or titled.
Double-column formatted contracts can be flattened to one column during imaging and OCR. This results in more accurate OCR, but will add time to analysis per flattened page.
To run column auto-flattening:
- Open the Contracts Analysis Profiles tab.
- Click the Edit button next to the classification profile you are working with.
- Navigate to the Image Auto-rotation tab and check the Auto-rotate Images radio button.
- Click Save.
Run image auto-rotation
To run image auto-rotation:
- Click New Contracts Analysis Set.
- Enter a name for the analysis set.
- Select the analysis profile created in the above steps.
- Click Contract Data to choose a document to rotate.
- Click Save.
- Click the Analyze button.
The status of the document will appear under Processing Status. Once complete, click the Refresh button to refresh the page and view your rotated document.