You can use the mass replace operation to replace existing long or fixed-length field text with new content.
Note: You can't use mass operations on Data Grid-enabled fields.
To perform a mass replace operation, perform the following steps:
- From the mass operations bar on the document list, choose whether to replace text in Checked items or All items in the current returned set.
- Select Replace in the drop-down menu.
The Replace Documents form displays.
- Field - the field you want to update. Select from workspace fixed length or long text fields.
- Action - determines the action to be performed:
- Replace Entire Field - replaces the field entirely.
- Append to End - adds the new value to the end of the field. A delimiter option appears. Enter a character to separate the existing and appended values.
- Insert at Beginning - adds the new value to the beginning of the field. A delimiter option appears. Enter a character to separate the existing and prepended values.
- Search For - use to search (and thus replace) only selected text in the field instead of the entire field. A new text option displays, where you can enter the text you want to replace.
- Update With - determines what is applied to the field.
- Text - adds text to the field.
- Field - adds another field’s value to the field set above.
- Click Add Another Field at the top of the form to add an additional replacement action to the form.