Relativity SMTP Configuration script updates the following values in the Relativity Instance setting table: Email From, Email To, SMTP Server, SMTP Port, SMTP Username, and SMTP Password. It also provides the option to encrypt the SMTP Password.
Note: If you want to modify the value of a field, you must select Yes in the update question box. The script won't update the Instance setting table when the update question box is set to No.
- Email From specifies the email address populated in the From field when Relativity sends email notifications. The email address must be valid. Email aliases can be entered in this format:
Alias Name <email@example.com>
- Email To specifies the email address populated in the “To” field when Relativity sends email notifications. The email address must be valid.
- SMTP Server is the server used to send notifications
- SMTP Port indicates the port used for SMTP transactions.The port number is based on the setup of the SMTP server in your environment. It must be an integer value.
- SMTP Username is associated with the credentials of the SMTP server. It is validated against the SMTP authentication. The SMTP Username must be associated with the same account as defined in Email From.
- SMTP Password is a password for the username associated with the credentials of the SMTP server. This password is validated against the SMTP authentication.
- Encrypt Password indicates that Relativity encodes the SMTP Password before storing it in the Instance setting table.
In the Results section, you can review the original and new value assigned to each configuration option that you updated. A brief description of each value is also provided.