Before using Relativity for document review, it's important to consider workstation configuration properties potentially required in your environment. This document outlines those workstation components that ensure Relativity’s accessibility and functionality.
For ActiveX viewer workstation configuration details, see Legacy viewer installation.
This page contains the following sections:
- Considerations for all browsers
- Google Chrome (Mac and PC) considerations
- Safari (Mac only) considerations
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 considerations
See these related pages:
- User hardware and software requirements
- Viewing native documents in Internet Explorer
- Legacy viewer installation
- Installing language settings
- Configuring Quick View Plus
Relativity does not support the following:
- Accessing the same Relativity instance with multiple tabs at the same time.
- Accessing the same Relativity instance with multiple browsers at the same time.
Disable pop-up blocker
Disable Pop-up blocker
Relativity opens new windows where you can perform specific actions. Your web browser's pop-up blocker may block new windows from opening by default. Make sure to disable the pop-up blocker when you're working in Safari.
Refer to Browser specific considerations for information on additional settings for Safari.
Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x (32-bit) is supported only on Windows 8 for Relativity 7.5.630.50 and later. In addition, Relativity doesn't support Internet Explorer 10 and 11 with Compatibility View.
Relativity 9 uses the HTML viewer by default. You can configure your Relativity environment to use the legacy ActiveX viewer, or to switch from the HTML to the ActiveX viewer on an individual basis. You must also download and install the latest version of the Viewer Installation Kit. For details, see Legacy viewer installation.
Note: Make sure that you have the latest version of the legacy viewer from Oracle before you attempt to use the legacy ActiveX option in Relativity Server 2021.
Internet Explorer may require you to enable the Font download option in the custom security settings to properly load the viewer toolbar icons.
To enable Font download in the Internet Explorer custom security settings, perform the following steps:
Open Internet options in Internet Explorer, and then click Settings under Browser history.
- Select Every time I visit the webpage on the Temporary Internet Files tab.
- Click the Security tab. Select the zone that the Relativity website is in: Internet, Local Intranet, or Trusted Sites.
- Click Custom level.
- Select Enable for the Font download setting.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
- Exit and restart Internet Explorer.
Disable Pop-up blocker
Relativity opens new windows where you can perform specific actions. Your web browser's pop-up blocker may block new windows from opening by default . Refer to Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer > Pop-up Blocker for instructions to disable the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer.
- The viewer uses the RelativityWebAPI as well as the Relativity.Distributed components.
Note: Inside the viewer, the Distributed piece is called from within the application, as indicated by the URL referenced in the bottom left corner of the viewer pane.
- The files retrieved in the viewer are HTTPS.
Note: If a user does not have the latest Microsoft updates to add 3rd Party Certificate authorities as trusted certificates, an error message could occur, even if the user is using the correct website.
In Relativity you can review documents in other languages.
If you are reviewing documents on Windows Vista or 7 PC, no steps are required. You should be able to view documents in other languages immediately.
However, installation steps are required if you are:
- Managing a background worker manager server
- Managing a web server
The following installation steps are provided by Microsoft. To learn more, visit their website at http://support.microsoft.com/, and see Installing alternate language settings for step-by-step instructions.