For Legal Hold instances, the below single-server specifications apply. These requirements support a base installation of the Relativity product update to run the Legal Hold application.
This page contains the following information:
See these related pages:
Single server deployment
- CPU - 8 physical cores (2GHz)
- 32 GB of RAM (SQL max memory set to 16GB)
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- Separate drive outside of OS for SQL files with 100GB storage and High disc I/O
|Server Role||Software Requirements|
|Legal Hold (Roles: web, SQL, agent)||
Relativity only supports an in-place upgrade from SQL Server 2016 to SQL Server 2017. For any other SQL Server upgrade please follow the the EDDS migration Guide.
The following components are required to enable email notifications in Legal Hold:
- SMTP access
- EWS, POP3, or IMAP access to a dedicated Legal Hold mailbox on an email server
In Relativity Legal Hold, system admins must log onto the web interface with one of the below browsers. Custodians viewing hold information on the Portal may access the Custodian Portal on tablets and phones in addition to the below browsers and operating systems.
In addition to adding more RAM and CPU cores to the Legal Hold server, you can add the following new servers as application usage grows:
- Separate Web Server - scale when Custodian Portal activity begins overutilizing the Legal Hold server RAM or CPU.
- Separate Background Processing Server (not common) - scale when Legal Hold sends continuous communications and begins overutilizing the Legal Hold server RAM or CPU.
- Separate Database Server (not common) - scale when many system admins are accessing the application simultaneously and running complex queries that overutilize the Legal Hold server RAM or CPU.