The worker manager server uses workersWorkers are the machines a worker manager server uses to complete imaging, document conversion, and processing jobs. to perform imaging, and all phases of processing, including inventory, discovery, and publish. You can configure the default queue priorities for your entire environment on the Worker Manager Server layout. If you are not licensed for processing, then the worker manager server only handles save as PDF and imaging.
Note: Even though Invariant is required for Relativity 9+, you aren't required to purchase a Processing license unless you are using Processing.
The following graphic depicts the connections between your resource pool, worker manager server, and workers. This is meant for reference purposes only.
(Click to expand)
This page contains the following sections
See these related pages:
Use the following steps to access the worker server manager settings:
- Navigate to the Servers tab.
- Click the name of the worker manager server in the list of servers.
- If you want to edit the fields, click Edit, make the desired changes, and click Save.
The following fields are visible on a worker manager server:
- Name - give the worker manager server a name that appears on the Servers tab.
- Type - this is a read only field that displays the server's primary function.
- Server Name - the name of the server where the Invariant Queue Manager is installed. This value should include a fully qualified domain if the server is on a domain. For example, pt-func-sql02.testing.corp.
Note: This value does not require a net.tcp reference that includes a port number. It also doesn’t require a domain unless the worker manager server and Relativity are on different domain.
- Is Default - if checked, this worker manager server is the default worker manager server added to any resource pool upon creation and any resource pool that doesn't currently have a worker manager server. On upgrade, the default worker manager server automatically associates with all existing resource pools. If unchecked, you must manually add the worker manager server to each resource pool.
- Status - when a worker manager server is added to Relativity, the server manager agent attempts to make a connection and get information about workers. The Status field is automatically set to Active if a server is online. Relativity automatically updates this value to Inactive when the server manager agent exceeds the maximum connection attempts set by the
- Temporary directory - a UNC share path used as a temporary location for storing files during Relativity processes. This field is available for all server types except Analytics servers. Use the format \\<server name>\ <shared folder name> for the path, and ensure that the directory is accessible to the agent server running the export. Relativity validates the path you enter. If the path format is invalid, you receive an error message when trying to save. If a permission error occurs, Relativity writes a message to the Errors tab.
- Version - this read only field displays the version of Invariant installed on the worker manager server.
Note: Every resource pool should have a worker manager server linked to it. If a resource pool doesn't have a worker manager server linked to it, any workspace linked to that resource pool is unable to perform imaging and processing.
Use the Priorities section to specify which jobs the worker manager server gives precedence to when managing jobs. The lower numbered jobs run first and the higher numbered jobs run last.
- Inventory - holds the prioritization for inventory jobs.
- Discovery - holds the prioritization for discovery jobs.
- Publish - holds the prioritization for publish jobs.
Note: Document conversion occurs on conversion agents working with Windows Service Bus. You cannot modify the priority of the following conversion jobs on the worker manager server: conversion on-the-fly, pre-convert, mass conversion, and conversion. For more information,
- Imaging - holds the priority for imaging jobs (both native and basic).
- Image on the Fly - holds the priority for Image on the fly jobs.
- Save As PDF - holds the priority for Save as PDF jobs.
- Mass Imaging/Imaging Set - holds the priority of a mass imaging job or imaging set
- Single Save As PDF - holds the priority for when you execute Save as PDF on a single document.
- Mass PDF - holds the prioroty for all Mass PDF jobs. These occur when you select a group of documents from the Documents tab and then select the Save As PDF option from the mass operations drop-down menu.