Note: Some of the recipes listed below now exist as knowledge base articles on the Relativity Community. When you click those links, you must enter valid Community credentials to access those articles. The remaining recipes will soon be integrated into their corresponding feature documentation so that they'll show up either as new topics or new headings within existing topics. Once this relocation is complete, we will be deprecating this home page, and all of the content below will be accessible via search on our sites.
You must have valid Relativity Community credentials in order to download any Community file linked to the documentation site. You'll need to enter those credentials on the Community login screen if you're not already logged in. If you're already logged in to the Community at the time you click a link, the file is automatically downloaded in the bottom left corner of your screen. If you get an error message stating "URL No Longer Exists" after clicking a Community link, it may be due to a single sign-on error related to the SAML Assertion Validator, and you should contact your IT department.
The Change Redaction Type solution changes existing black, white, cross, or text redactions in a specific set of documents to a type of redaction that you specify. To download the solution files, visit the Relativity Community.
This page contains the following sections:
- Before you begin
- Deploying and configuring the solution
- Preparing the workspace
- Running the solution
- Viewing the results
The Change Redaction Type solution changes black, white, cross, or text redactions that were applied to a specific set of documents by using a specific markup set. It changes those redactions to black, white, cross, or text redactions, depending on the options that you select when you configure the solution. Each time you prepare to run the solution, you specify:
- A saved search that returns the documents that you want to change redactions in.
- The markup set that reviewers used to apply the redactions that you want to change.
- The type of redaction that you want to change—black, white, cross, or text.
- The type of redaction that you want to change existing redactions to—black, white, cross, or text.
For text redactions, you can also specify the words or phrases that you want to use in the new text redaction.
This solution is supported in Relativity 8.0 – Server 2021 and RelativityOne.
|Solution version||Supported Relativity version|
|4.0||8.0 - Server 2021, RelativityOne|
This solution consists of a Relativity script that runs at the workspace level.
- This script should only be run by a system admin. If you are not a system admin, we recommend you do not run this script.
- This solution changes document files and those changes cannot be undone. We recommend that you create a back-up copy of all redactions before you run the solution.
- If you select text redaction for both the existing and new redaction type, the solution changes the text in all existing text redactions with the text that you specify when you configure the solution.
- This solution doesn't support the client domains (multi-tenancy) and Data Grid features of Relativity.
Note: This solution is now available as an application. If you are upgrading from a script version of the solution to an application version of the solution, you must delete the original script before adding the new application to your environment and installing it to a workspace.
To deploy the solution, you first add it to the Application Library as a Relativity application. You can then install it from the Application Library to one or more workspaces.
Note: This script runs from the Admin level, you must install this application into a workspace for it to appear in the Script Library (at the instance level).
To add the solution to the Application Library:
- Log in to Relativity.
- Click the user drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of Relativity, and then click Home.
- Click the Applications & Scripts tab, and then click the Application Library tab.
- Click Upload Application.
- Click Choose file to select an application file.
- Navigate to and select the application file included in the solution, and then click Open.
- Click Save to upload the file to the Application Library.
To add the solution to a workspace:
- Click Install in the Workspaces Installed section to install the application on workspaces.
- Click in the Workspaces field to display the Select Workspaces dialog.
- Select the workspace(s) where you want to install the application, and then click Ok.
- (Optional) Click Clear to remove a workspace from the list.
- Click Save to install the application to the selected workspaces. These workspaces now contain the application. Relativity lists the workspaces in the Workspaces Installed section on the detail view of the application.
After you prepare the workspace, you can configure and run the solution by doing the following:
- In the workspace, click the Administration tab, and then click the Scripts tab.
- Click the name of the Change Redaction Type script. The Change Reaction Type script page displays fields that let you specify which documents and redactions you want to change and how you want to change them.
- Complete the following fields:
- Saved Search - Click the name of the saved search that returns the documents that you want to change redactions in. The solution changes redactions only in documents that are returned by the saved search that you select.
- Markup Set - Click the name of the markup set that reviewers used to apply the redactions that you want to change in the documents. The solution changes redactions only if they are part of the markup set that you select.
- Source Redaction Type - Click the type of redaction that you want to change in the documents. You can change black, white, cross, or text redactions.
- Destination Redaction Type - Click the type of redaction that you want to add to the documents. You can add black, white, cross, or text redactions.
- Destination Redaction Text - Type the words or phrases that you want to use in the new text redaction. If you don't want to change existing redactions to text redactions, you can leave this field blank.
- Click Run.
When you run the solution, it changes the specified redaction type to the new redaction type in all the appropriate documents that are returned by the saved search that you specified when you configured the solution. After the solution finishes running, it displays the following message:
SUCCESS: x redactions were updated for y documents.
Where x is the number of redactions that were changed and y is the number of unique documents that were updated.