This section outlines requirements and recommendations for a workstation used to access Relativity.
- Relativity viewer versions 6 and 7 are side-by-side compatible. To ensure proper viewer functionality, users must close their browsers before they switch from one version to the next.
- RelativityOne is not supported on a mobile browser. To use RelativityOne on a mobile device, please download the RelativityOne Mobile application. For more information, see RelativityOne Mobile.
Supported operating systems
The following operating systems support Relativity:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 Desktop Mode (PC)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
Note: Windows 8 User Interface mode is not supported whether you're using a PC or a tablet computer. The version of IE 10 for Windows 8 User Interface mode doesn't support installation of the Relativity viewer.
The Relativity Desktop Client (RDC) is a utility used for importing and exporting documents, images, natives, and productions. This utility requires the following software:
- Upgrade to Microsoft .NET 4.6.2 to install the latest version of RDC. You must also install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
Note: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable x86 is supported on 32-bit and 64-bit OS, but x64 is supported on 64-bit OS only.
RelativityOne Staging Explorer
The RelativityOne Staging Explorer option enables you to upload files to a staging area for RelativityOne or to download files from your RelativityOne storage location to a local computer. This utility requires the following software:
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
The following browsers support Relativity:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.x*
- Google Chrome latest version (on both PC and Mac)
- Apple Safari v11+ (Mac OS X 10.9)
- Apple Safari v11+ (Mac OS X 10.10)
- Firefox latest version (on both PC and Mac)*
Note: As of August 31, 2017, we no longer support Internet Explore (IE) 10. Please upgrade to a compatible version of IE 11.
Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x (32-bit) is supported only on Windows 8 for Relativity 7.5.630.50 and later. In addition, Relativity doesn't support Internet Explorer 10 and 11 with Compatibility View.
There are two versions of Windows 8:
- Windows RT - this version of Windows is optimized for ARM processor-based tablets and PCs. Relativity does not support this version.
- Windows 8 Pro - this version runs the full Windows 8 software, so it can integrate with your existing infrastructure. This version is supported with Relativity 7.5.630.50 and later. Make sure you're running in Desktop mode with Compatibility View disabled in Internet Explorer 10.
These errors can occur on the document review page when HTML-enabled fields are present on the layout. They can also occur when the stand-alone viewer is launched. These errors don't affect functionality. If you click Close on the error dialog, the error disappears and you can use Relativity as normal.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Open the Internet Options window, and then select the Advanced tab.
- Deselect Display a notification about every script errorin the Browsing section.
- Select Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer).
- Click OK.
A user’s workstation and network connection have a significant influence on his/her Relativity experience.
Minimum workstation configuration
- 512MB SDR memory
- Intel Pentium 3 or equivalent
Recommended workstation configuration
- 1GB DDR memory
- Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon XP
Relativity help site requirements
For the best experience viewing the Relativity online documentation website, we recommend using one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Firefox 10 or above
- Google Chrome 13 or above
- Safari 5 or above
Note: To print pages from this website, use the button in the upper left corner of the content pane.
Recommended Internet Explorer settings
If you're using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, you must also make sure that the Compatibility View settings aren't enabled.
Use the following steps to remove any Compatibility View settings that may be affecting the way the Relativity 9.4 Developers site displays:
- Select Tools > Compatibility View settings from the menu bar in Internet Explorer browser .
Note: If you don't see the menu bar, either press ALT or click the Tools button and select Toolbars > Menu Bar to show the menu bar.
- In the Compatibility View Settings window:
- Select any Relativity.com URLs from the Websites you've added to Compatibility View list, and then click Remove.
- Clear the Display intranet sites in Compatibility View check box if you're running the help site from a local drive.
- Clear the Display all websites in Compatibility View check box.
- Click Close to apply the changes.
If you're using a recommended browser version and you've disabled all Compatibility View settings (if you're using Internet Explorer), try clearing your browser history and cache.