Hold Admin tab
The Hold Admin tab contains all Legal Hold configuration settings.
This page contains the following information:
See these related pages:
Note: Use Relativity Integration Points to import custodians from an LDAP-enabled data source.
The Legal settings tab contains the following fields:
(Click to expand)
- Forward Reply Emails to Project Owner
- Select Yes to have Legal Hold automatically forward all custodian replies to the project owner, as specified in the project details. See Projects. Legal Hold sends custodian replies first to the primary Legal Hold inbox for import into the system, while still giving visibility to the project owner of the custodian’s reply.
- Select No to prevent Legal Hold from forwarding custodian replies to the project owner.
- Send Confirmation Email
- Select Yes to have Legal Hold send a confirmation email to the custodian once they acknowledge a communication or complete a questionnaire.
- Select No to prevent Legal Hold from sending a confirmation email to the custodian upon their acknowledgement.
- Automated Send Time - the time at which Legal Hold sends automated reminders and automated escalations. Use the HH:MM format (24-hour format). The time is local to the server, not your local PC.
- Hold Notices Require Approval - the workspace setting that sets whether Relativity Legal Hold users need to send all communications to an admin for approval before sending to custodians.
- Enable Project Wizard
- PRL High Threshold (%) - the percentage of acknowledged communications, out of all sent communications in a project, to be considered at a successful level and turn the PRL icon in the project list green. Default is set at 100%. See Project response level.
- PRL Medium Threshold (%) - the percentage of acknowledged communications, out of all sent communications in a project, to be considered at a standard level and turn the PRL icon in the project list yellow. Default is set at 50%. See Project response level.
- Entity OneDrive URL Field - the OneDrive URL field is used to put a custodian's OneDrive content on hold when a client isn't able to use an account with SharePoint Admin privileges. See Entity OneDrive URL field.
- Portal URL - the Legal Hold Portal URL where your organization is hosting this application web page.
This URL must be:
- Externally exposed if anyone outside your network needs to access the Portal. See Custodian portal.
- A Relativity site using Forms authentication, not Windows authentication.
Note: When using the ARM feature to restore a workspace, the Portal URL is cleared in order to not point to the old server, preventing communications from being sent. The Portal URL will need to be updated before resuming sending communications. Locate the updated Portal URL in Legal Hold Settings. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
- Portal Title - enter customized text that appears at the top of the Portal page.
- Portal Custom Image - upload a custom image that appears at the top of the Portal page. If there is no uploaded image, the Relativity logo appears as the default.
- The image shouldn't exceed 130 x 28 pixels.
- Legal Hold permits any common image file; however, we recommend a transparent .png for best results.
- Link Access Limit (Clicks) - number of times the custodian can access the Portal from the link sent in the communication email.
- Link Expiration (Days) - number of days the link sent in the communication email is valid.
The outgoing email settings must be entered on the Legal Hold Settings page prior to sending communications. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
Note: When using SMTP, RelativityOne users should use their own server. For more information, see View reasons to use your own SMTP or Exchange Web Services..
- Username - the username for the account on the SMTP server used for sending emails. This can be an email address or domain\username depending on the server settings. Even if your SMTP server is configured for anonymous authentication, you must input a value. For example, “anonymous".
- Password - the password for the account on the SMTP server that Legal Hold uses for sending emails. Even if your SMTP server is configured for anonymous authentication, you must input a value. For example, "anonymous".
- Domain - the SMTP domain address. For example, “smtp.office365.com”.
- Port - the SMTP port number.
- Notes: For security reasons, RelativityOne only accepts SMTP port 587 or EWS port 443 by default. Contact Relativity Support to request another port be open for your RelativityOne instance.
- Use SSL for SMTP
- Select Yes to use Secure Sockets Layer security for SMTP. You should consult with your IT department if you are unsure whether your SMTP server uses SSL.
- Select No to disable SSL for SMTP.
- From Email Address - the display name and/or email address you want to appear when sending communications from Legal Hold. When a custodian receives a project communication, it will appear as if it was sent from the display name and/or address. For example, use the following verbiage "Display name <firstname.lastname@example.org>". The custodian will see something like the following email:
- Reply to Email Address - the reply to email address. When a custodian clicks reply to a project communication, their reply is sent to this address. See the From Email Address example above.
- Email Processor Type - the type of email sent via Relativity Legal Hold.
- Notes: Select EWS, Exchange Web Services, to send communications from Microsoft 365, or other Exchange servers, and avoid using an SMTP.
When EWS is selected:
View reasons to use your own SMTP or Exchange Web Services.
- Save copies of sent email - the option to save general hold notices and email acknowledgement emails to a folder.
- Folder for sent copies - the location of the folder that saves the copies of the communications.
- Place sent copies in Project sub-folder - the option to create separate subfolders for individual projects.
- Using your own SMTP for Legal Hold communications:
Legal Hold communications come from your trusted domain. An employee is more likely to interact with email from your domain.
Send communications from company's account. Using a different domain for the Send As results in emails getting flagged for spam.
- Using Microsoft Exchange Web Services (EWS) to send communications with Microsoft 365 or other Exchange servers.
- Preserve all sent communications in a folder within your account.
- Able to receive replies from Custodians which can contain sensitive information.
- Better manage collections of emails according to their data protection regulations.
- Frequency to Check - how often the Relativity Legal Hold agent checks the inbox mailbox for custodian replies to communications in order to pull them into the system.
- Email Processor Type - email services can use one of several options to interact with third-party applications. Consult with your IT department if you are unsure which email processor type to use alongside your mail server.
- EWS - Exchange Web Services
- IMAP - Internet Message Access Protocol
- POP3 - Post Office Protocol 3
- Mail Username - the mail username, specified by email address or domain\username depending on server settings, which will receive the custodian email replies.
- Mail Password - the password for the Mail Username address. This Mail Password field is case sensitive.
- Mail Domain - the fully qualified mail server name or IP address. For example, “demo.testing.corp”.
- Mail Port - the mail port number.
- Mailbox - the actual name of the folder containing the custodian replies to Legal Hold communications. For example, “Inbox." This Mailbox field is case sensitive.
Note: Whatever mailbox is selected for the incoming mailbox setting should be only used for Relativity Legal Hold. The Legal Hold agent checks this mailbox for Legal Hold replies, imports any messages it finds, and then deletes all emails in the mailbox.
SharePoint Admin privileges are required for automated look up of a custodian's OneDrive Site URL. If the preservation account can't be granted SharePoint Admin privileges, then enter the Entity OneDrive URL field for each custodian so that automated look up isn't required.
When the preservation account used for Microsoft 365 preservations doesn't have SharePoint Admin privileges the Entity OneDrive URL field is the alternative way to put a custodian's OneDrive source on a preservation hold. When the Entity SharePoint URL is provided, Relativity Legal Hold uses it to put a custodian's OneDrive content on a hold. For more information, see Microsoft 365 admin account.
If the Entity OneDrive URL field setting is empty, Legal Hold reverts to the original logic and queries SharePoint directly for this information.
Setting up OneDrive
A Relativity Legal Hold Administrator needs to perform additional setup for this functionality to work. Use an existing field or create a new field on Entity object to host OneDrive URL information for each Custodian. Use Integration Points or RDC to populate this field with fully qualified OneDrive URL for each Custodian.
Point Legal Hold to use such field as a reference to OneDrive URL information:
- Navigate to the Hold Admin Legal Hold Settings tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Entity OneDrive URL field Select button.
- Select the field which contains OneDrive URL information.
- Click Save.
For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
The Settings console contains the Test Outgoing Email Settings button. This option verifies your outgoing email configuration settings are valid. A verification message appears stating that Legal Hold sent test emails from the From Email Address to the Reply to Email Address using the agent server that houses the Relativity Legal Hold agent.
This feature preserves copies of all email acknowledgements and general hold notices. The EWS email processor enables this outgoing email storage feature. When it is enable, the user elects to save copies of the sent email, selects a folder for the sent copies to be saved in, and select the option to breakout subfolders based on project. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
In a project that has custodians assigned to the project, all general legal hold notifications are saved into a folder labeled with the custodian's name. The host folder is the folder selected when setting up Outgoing Email.
Legal Hold admins can modify the custodian pickers throughout Relativity Legal Hold from Item Selectors tab. Modifications to the pickers include re-ordering the fields, setting the size of the columns, adding and removing fields, and adding custom fields to include additional information.
Relativity Legal Hold includes a fixed list of custodian pickers in Legal Hold. Custodian pickers are the menus where you can select different custodians and put them in a select or unselected column. The pickers include Acknowledge on Behalf of Selected Custodians, Assign Custodians to Projects, Change Custodian Role, Escalate Select Custodians, Release Custodians from Project, Remind Select Custodians, Remove Custodians from Project, Send Communication. These pickers all map to a legal task or communications around custodians in legal hold.
In the picker view, you can add or remove fields. To add a new field to the picker,
- Click on the custodian picker you want to customize.
- Click a field in the available fields column.
- Click an arrow option to move the field to the Select Fields column.
Click the multiple arrow button to move all fields at once.
Users can also organize column order based on organization’s needs by adding or removing fields from Available Fields and Selected Fields. With the Selected Fields column, select a field and then click the up or down arrows to change the order.
(Click to expand)
When a field is in the Selected Fields column, you can customize the column name that will appear in the picker. To modify the columns,
- Click the field in the Select Fields column.
- In the Set Field Attributes box, enter in a Friendly Name.
- Set the column width.
- Click Save.
Once the picker is saved, the field or fields are available in that custodian picker.