You can use Document Compare to view the key differences between the extracted text of two documents. To access Document Compare, you must first add the Relativity Compare system field to a view. See
To compare two documents in Relativity from the document list:
- Click to open the Document Compare selection window. By default the document identifier of the selected document populates the Document Compare window.
Click by the With field to select a document with which to compare it. A Select Item pop-up window displays.
Note: You can change the value of either of the fields at any time while in the Document Compare window.
- Select the desired document from the list and click Set. The Document Compare window displays the selected document in the With field.
- Click Compare. The window displays the similarities and differences between the documents.
The similarities and differences between the documents are reflected in the legend at the bottom of the window:
- Inserted - text appears in the "With" document but doesn't appear in the "Compare" document.
- Deleted - text appears in the "Compare" document but doesn't appear in the "With" document.
- Unchanged -text appears in both documents.
To compare related document from within the Review Interface, the Relativity Compare field can be added to a relational view displayed in the Related Items pane. After adding the field to a view, you can click on the Relativity Compare icon to open the Document Compare window. The document you select from the Related Items pane automatically populates in the With field, while the document open in the Viewer automatically populates the Compare field.