Hold Admin tab
The Hold Admin tab contains all Legal Hold configuration settings.
This page contains the following information:
See these related pages:
Note: Use Relativity Integration Points to import custodians from an LDAP-enabled data source.
The Legal settings tab contains the following fields:
- Forward Reply Emails to Project Owner
- Select Yes to have Legal Hold automatically forward all custodian replies to the project owner, as specified in the project details. See Project Details layout fields. Legal Hold sends custodian replies first to the primary Legal Hold inbox for import into the system, while still giving visibility to the project owner of the custodian’s reply.
- Select No to prevent Legal Hold from forwarding custodian replies to the project owner.
- Send Confirmation Email
- Select Yes to have Legal Hold send a confirmation email to the custodian once they acknowledge a communication or complete a questionnaire.
- Select No to prevent Legal Hold from sending a confirmation email to the custodian upon their acknowledgement.
- Automated Send Time - the time at which Legal Hold sends automated reminders and automated escalations. Use the HH:MM format (24-hour format). The time is local to the server, not your local PC.
- Hold Notices Require Approval - the workspace setting that sets whether custodians need to send all communications to an admin for approval before sending to custodians.
- Portal URL - the Legal Hold Portal URL where your organization is hosting this application web page.
This URL must be:
- Externally exposed if anyone outside your network needs to access the Portal. See Custodian portal.
- A Relativity site using Forms authentication, not Windows authentication.
Note: When using the ARM feature to restore a workspace, the Portal URL is cleared in order to not point to the old server, preventing communications from being sent. The Portal URL will need to be updated before resuming sending communications. Locate the updated Portal URL in Legal Hold Settings. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
- Portal Title - enter customized text that appears at the top of the Portal page.
- Portal Custom Image - upload a custom image that appears at the top of the Portal page. If there is no uploaded image, the Relativity logo appears as the default.
- The image shouldn't exceed 130 x 28 pixels.
- Legal Hold permits any common image file; however, we recommend a transparent .png for best results.
- Link Access Limit (Clicks) - number of times the custodian can access the Portal from the link sent in the communication email.
- Link Expiration (Days) - number of days the link sent in the communication email is valid.
The outgoing email settings must be entered on the Legal Hold Settings page prior to sending communications. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
- Username - the username for the account on the SMTP server used for sending emails. This can be an email address or domain\username depending on the server settings. Even if your SMTP server is configured for anonymous authentication, you must input a value. For example, “anonymous".
- Password - the password for the account on the SMTP server that Legal Hold uses for sending emails. Even if your SMTP server is configured for anonymous authentication, you must input a value. For example, "anonymous".
- Domain - the SMTP domain address. For example, “smtp.office365.com”.
- Port - the SMTP port number.
- Use SSL for SMTP
- Select Yes to use Secure Sockets Layer security for SMTP. You should consult with your IT department if you are unsure whether your SMTP server uses SSL.
- Select No to disable SSL for SMTP.
- From Email Address - the display name and/or email address you want to appear when sending communications from Legal Hold. When a custodian receives a project communication, it will appear as if it was sent from the display name and/or address. For example, use the following verbiage "Display name <firstname.lastname@example.org>". The custodian will see something like the following email:
- Reply to Email Address - the reply to email address. When a custodian clicks reply to a project communication, their reply is sent to this address. See the From Email Address example above.
- Email Processor Type - the type of email sent via Relativity Legal Hold.
When EWS is selected:
- Save copies of sent email - the option to save general hold notices and email acknowledgement emails to a folder.
- Folder for sent copies - the location of the folder that saves the copies of the communications.
- Place sent copies in Project sub-folder - the option to create separate subfolders for individual projects.
- Frequency to Check - how often the Relativity Legal Hold agent checks the inbox mailbox for custodian replies to communications in order to pull them into the system.
- Email Processor Type - email services can use one of several options to interact with third-party applications. Consult with your IT department if you are unsure which email processor type to use alongside your mail server.
- EWS - Exchange Web Services
- IMAP - Internet Message Access Protocol
- POP3 - Post Office Protocol 3
- Mail Username - the mail username, specified by email address or domain\username depending on server settings, which will receive the custodian email replies.
- Mail Password - the password for the Mail Username address. This Mail Password field is case sensitive.
- Mail Domain - the fully qualified mail server name or IP address. For example, “demo.testing.corp”.
- Mail Port - the mail port number.
- Mailbox - the actual name of the folder containing the custodian replies to Legal Hold communications. For example, “Inbox." This Mailbox field is case sensitive.
Note: Whatever mailbox is selected for the incoming mailbox setting should be only used for Relativity Legal Hold. The Legal Hold agent checks this mailbox for Legal Hold replies, imports any messages it finds, and then deletes all emails in the mailbox.
The Settings console contains the Test Outgoing Email Settings button. This option verifies your outgoing email configuration settings are valid. A verification message appears stating that Legal Hold sent test emails from the From Email Address to the Reply to Email Address using the agent server that houses the Relativity Legal Hold agent.
Saving email acknowledgements and general hold notices
This feature preserves copies of all email acknowledgements and general hold notices. The EWS email processor enables this outgoing email storage feature. When it is enable, the user elects to save copies of the sent email, selects a folder for the sent copies to be saved in, and select the option to breakout subfolders based on project. For more information, see Legal Hold settings.
In a project that has custodians assigned to the project, all general legal hold notifications are saved into a folder labeled with the custodian's name. The host folder is the folder selected when setting up Outgoing Email.