This page contains the following information:
Creating an Active Learning project
- From your workspace, navigate to Assisted Review > Active Learning Projects.
- Click New Active Learning Project.
- Complete the fields on the layout. See Fields.
- Click Save.
You are then redirected to the project home dashboard.
The Active Learning Project layout contains the following fields:
- Project Name - enter a name for your Active Learning project.
- Analytics Index (Classification) - select your Analytics Classification index.
- Review Field - select the single choice field you created for review. This field must have exactly two choices and is not available for any other Active Learning project.
You can edit these choices after project creation.
- Positive Choice - select the choice that represents the positive/responsive designation.
- Suppress Duplicate Documents - selecting this option stops Active Learning from serving documents that are textually similar to other coded documents to be coded (this does not consider word order). This option reduces the total number of documents needed to be reviewed. Since these are not exact duplicates, you will most likely need to review suppressed documents after the project is complete.
For more information, see Reviewing suppressed duplicate documents.
- Reviewer Group - select the group you want to access the Active Learning project and review queues.
Note: Once a project is created, you cannot edit the fields.
Project document list view
Upon saving a new project, Relativity creates a new document list view that's tied to the Active Learning project. This view has the same name as the Active Learning project and is customizable by project admins. This is the only place a logged in user can enter a project queue. This view is automatically secured to the reviewers and returns documents previously reviewed by the currently logged in reviewers.
Relativity also creates new fields that can be used for custom document list reporting. These include the following:
- <Project Name> Reviewers - the name of the reviewer who coded the document.
- You can use this field to identify manually-selected documents. Search for documents where the review field is set, but this field is not set.
- <Project Name> Reviewers::User - the name of the reviewer who coded the document in the queue.
- <Project Name> Coverage Review - the 200-document interval in which the document was reviewed in the Coverage Review.
- <Project Name>:: Elusion Test - the Elusion Test in which the document was reviewed.
- <Project Name>:: Prioritized Review - the 200-document interval in which the document was reviewed in the Prioritized Review.
These fields are updated per document as reviewers code on the project review field.
Any document in the project coded on the Project Review field - both from the Active Learning queue and outside of the queue - contributes to the project's learning. Coding decisions that occur outside of the queue are called “manually-selected” documents. Upon creating a new project, the Active Learning project will learn from any manually-selected documents if they exist. This includes documents coded via mass edit or documents imported through the RDC with values coded on the Project Review field.
You can view suppressed duplicate documents from the Field Tree. You can find the tag for suppressed duplicate documents under the Classification index associated with the Active Learning project.
Documents are tagged with the <Index Name> - Suppressed Duplicate tag as they're identified during review. Upon upgrade, suppressed duplicates are tagged if a review is in progress and more documents are needed, or once an index is built and a review started.
There is currently no way to add these documents back into the review queue. However, you can code these documents manually and they are indicated as manually-selected documents in the project.