You can identify which thread groups have items missing by looking at the Email Threading ID field. The thread groups with missing items have a minus ( - ) sign in the threading ID.
This recipe offers a workflow to use email threading results and identify threads with missing emails.
- Relativity 9.4 and above
- Structured Analytics
There are two ways to isolate the threads that have missing emails.
To use workflow suggestion number 1, complete the steps below
- Add the Email Threading ID field to the Email Threading view.
Add the SAS01::Email Threading ID field to the Email Threading view.
- Filter for the minus sign to view the total threads with missing items.
- Save those documents as a search.
- Tag them as partial threads.
To use workflow suggestion number 2, create a widget to view the totals for partial versus complete threads using the steps below:
- Create a single choice field called Email Threads and allow pivot on and group by.
- Create two choices on the new field:
- Partial Thread
- Complete Thread
- Create a search for documents where the
SAS01::Email Thread group is set and return these fields:
- Email Threads
- SAS01::Email Threading ID
- Run the search.
- Filter on Email Threading ID for the minus sign.
- Tag documents returned as Partial Thread.
Then filter for Email Threads field is not set.
- Tag the remaining documents as Complete Thread.
- Create a widget.
Add Pivot (group by Email Threads, pivot and sort on grand totals)
Visualize the totals: